Rotary District 1470
THE DISTRICT 1470 HISTORY
Prepared by the district and not verified by Rotary Global History
Clubs of the district Also see Paul Harris in Scandinavia Part two Distrikt 1470
Translations from Rotary Denmark website: ( by RGHF board member Leif Lindblad)
District 1470 includes Greenland in the North to Ishoej south and Bornholm East to Frederiksund west.
There are 72 clubs and about 2800 members.
Denmark has 3 districts in 1945. District numbers were 80, 81 and 82. In 1950 they were renamed to 147, 146 and 145. In 1968 District 147 was divided into two with the new district named 148. In 1972 a new district was shaped with number 144 and borders were changed. The five districts are the ones existing today. From 1991 the district numbers were changed to 1440, 1450, 1460, 1470 and 1480.
In the first period of Rotary History in Denmark there was only one Governor (1930 to 1950) The very first in Denmark (and for D 1470) was O. Oxelberg Lindhard. In year 1950-52 D 1470 had its own DG who was Fr. Brinch.
There have been several famous members: The queens Master of Ceremonies, Christian Eugen-Olsen, Ambassador - Secretary of State Christoffer Bo Bramsen. Ambassadors and consuls from more countries.
Rotary Club of Copenhagen - København Rotary Klub, the First Club of Denmark
Posted 31 July 2010 by Jack Selway